On 29 Dec 2013, at 17:14, John Clark wrote:

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> I use Platonism, where God == Truth.

So God is "my dog just took a dump".

Oh! I hope your dog is OK.

> "God" is not that much a bad name.

It is a VERY bad name if someone sincerely wishes to avoid confusion and wants to use language honestly. Never mind what you write here at least be honest with yourself and ask "do I really want to avoid confusion?".

Yes. In science we have just to agree on axioms, or semi-axioms.

Do I really want to use language honestly? If so then it would be better to say "it's true that my dog just took a dump".

When you say "it's true that my dog just took a dump", you tell me something about your dog.

When I said God == Truth I said, in a context of TOE search, guided by the comp hypothesis, something on both God and Truth. The nuance will remains, as "God = Truth" is probably worse than a G* minus G sentence. It is not a theorem of machine, only in his computationalist (yet non computable) meta-theology.

Take a machine or number m. I define the theology of m by the set of Gödel numbers of all the true arithmetical sentences having m has parameter (true in the standard model). I define the science of m by the set of Gödel numbers of all the arithmetical sentences having m has parameter that m can prove relatively to hypothetical universal numbers.

Read the Plotinus paper if you want to see an arithmetical interpretation of Plotinus, and its testability in the computationalist case.

You don't need to believe in anything to understand the relations, and to understand that we can have a non Aristotelian view of reality, which is still rationalist, yet more open to well, surprise(s) in the theological studies.

Bruno

  John K Clark