Edgar,

Thanks for clarifying.  Your theory sounds like a spinoff of panpsychism...
would you say a rock is capable of experiencing?  If not, what is the
theoretical difference between a rock and a baby that demarcates what is
capable of experiencing, and what isn't?

Terren


On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Terren,
>
> All human babies are automatically consciousness. They are conscious of
> whatever input data they have. I don't see the point of your question which
> is why I didn't answer before...
>
> Edgar
>
>
>
> On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:42:24 PM UTC-5, Terren Suydam wrote:
>
>> On the contrary, I replied with a question that went unanswered.
>>
>> It was a question about whether a human baby, fed a stream of virtual
>> sense data as in the movie The Matrix, could be considered conscious in
>> your theory, as you seemed to suggest that consciousness was a property of
>> reality, as a function somehow of "ontological energy".
>>
>> Terren
>> On Jan 8, 2014 1:49 PM, "Edgar L. Owen" <edga...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Telmo,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the link but see my new topic "A theory of consciousness" of
>>> a few days ago which no one has even commented on and which is much more
>>> reasonable and explanatory.
>>>
>>> Edgar
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 12:57:37 PM UTC-5, telmo_menezes wrote:
>>>>
>>>> In case you haven't seen it...
>>>>
>>>> http://arxiv.org/abs/1401.1219
>>>>
>>>> Seems like an attempt to recover materialism, which strikes me as
>>>> somewhat unexpected from Tegmark. Am I missing something?
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Telmo.
>>>>
>>>  --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to everything-li...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To post to this group, send email to everyth...@googlegroups.com.
>>>
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>
>>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to