On 10 Jan 2014, at 03:52, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

Liz,

Your comp is obviously not my comp. Don't tell me what my comp does or doesn't do...

But then, please, define your comp. "my" comp is only a very weak form of computationalism; which implies all the know standard form of comp. I am still not knowing what are your assumptions. This is more annoying given that you invoke "obviousness", "clear", "we know that".

We know nothing, but can propose theory and reason in them, and compare with the facts, or with other theories.

Bruno

Edgar