Dear Brent,

  You are not understanding what he is saying. Try to parse it as if the
person writing does not speak English as a first language. For one thing,
did you see the "if" in "... if the notion of time is given a priori,  ,
the velocity is definitely determined when given a position..." Prof.
Kitada is not considering things concretely, he is thinking abstractly.

Position is being considered in the exact sense, not in the observed sense.
Additionally, from what does it follow that "HP doesn't prohibit measuring
both p_x and x, it just says that you get random variation in their values. "

    I am not familiar with where the "random variation" would come from. It
is not in the math of canonical conjugates anywhere.

I am not going to insist that you accept his theory. I only have time to
lightly defend it, sadly. I have work to do. :_(

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 1/15/2014 4:32 PM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>
>   Yes, GR assumes smooth Riemannian manifolds. The mapping works for them
> wonderfully. That fact was proven by the people that discovered Fiber
> Bundles. The hard thing to grasp is how the mapping between separable QM
> systems and the infinitesimal points of the smooth
>

> Maybe it's hard to grasp because it's wrong.  Almost the first thing
> Kitada writes:
>
> "The problem is that if the notion of time is given a priori , the
> velocity is definitely determined when given a position, which contradicts
> the uncertainty principle of Heisenberg."
>
> First, makes no sense since determining a position at a time doesn't
> determine velocity (you have to do it twice).  Second, the HP doesn't
> prohibit measuring both p_x and x, it just says that you get random
> variation in their values.
>
> I'll leave to Bruno Kitada's proof that set theory is inconsistent.  Given
> the above I'm not inspired to wade through 168 pages of dense notation.  A
> quick perusal indicates that he just attaches a Hilbert space for particle
> energy to each spacetime world line - nothing amazing there, but it is
> similar to Edgar's idea of having separate little frames that get 'aligned'
> at interactions.  He draws conclusions like:
>

>  Riemannian manifold works and how to interpret what that tells us about
> QM systems.
>   Basically, it tells us that the realm of QM and the realm of GR are
> separate forever, there is not a way to map QM rules onto the
> smooth Riemannian manifold in a global way. To do so makes time vanish.
> Wheeler and DeWitt proved this long ago with their W-D equation. Until Prof
> Kitada analyzed the W-D equation using results from scattering theory, it
> was assumed that it was not possible to make time pop back out of the
> theory, but he found a mathematically consistent way to do it. But his
> results disallow for the kind of concepts that Edgar and many others are
> advocating.
>

> No such thing was proved by WD.  The WD implies a static universe, but
> that's consistent with a block universe picture, and Don Page and William
> Wooters showed that events in such a universe can still be assigned
> dynamics relative to clocks in the universe.
>
> Brent

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher