On 16 Jan 2014, at 04:44, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Dear LizR,

But stop and think of the implications of what even Bruno is saying. Space is completely a construction of our minds. There is no 3,1 dimensional Riemannian manifold out there. We measure events and our minds put those together into tableaux that we communicate about and agree on, because our languages, like formal logical system, force the results to obey a set of implied rules. We formulate explanations, formulate models and look for rules that the models might obey. Hopefully we can make predictions and measure something...

  I really really like Bruno's notion of an observer.

OK. Nice.

If only we could see eye to eye on the definitions of some other concepts... Such as that Computation is an *action* or transformation, not a static "being".

Why not take the opportunity of Church thesis? It provides the cleanest ever definition in math of an incredible epistemic notion "computability".

And computability is the most dynamic notion I can imagine.

Why assume a primitive time, when both the physical time and the subjective time can be retrieved from the indexicals.

I don't need that hypothesis, and I think, modestly, that the UDA shows that we just can't use it to explain machine's subjective time and reality.

I appreciate you like comp, but you are not yet pushing the logic far enough.

Bruno