On 1/17/2014 4:08 PM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
Russell,

PS: On second thought maybe we don't agree completely. Though free will is quantum random based (we agree on that), it doesn't mean that it is "irrational".

And conversely, just making them deterministic wouldn't mean they were rational.

Brent

If human actions and the actions of other biological organisms weren't basically rational they couldn't function or survive in the real actual world they live in....

Their actions aren't irrational, they just aren't completely determined by their environments.

The trick is to understand how quantum based indeterminacy can be amplified to rationality....