Dear LizR,

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 4:29 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 January 2014 05:54, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear Bruno,
>>
>> I do not claim that UDA is "flawed". I claim it is incomplete and based
>> on a false premise. The problem is the assumption that one can reason as if
>> the physical world does not exist and discuss ideas that imply the
>> existence of Becoming and measures there of (time) all the while using
>> axioms that forbid their existence. It is the sound of one hand clapping in
>> a mind that cannot imagine air.
>>

> I don't see why any of AR implies the existence of becoming.

Do you mean "nonexistence"? AR, AFAIK, assumes a frozen static realm...
Literally nothing happens there.

> Nor do I understand how Bruno gets computations out indexically.

He assumes all possible indices exist via the UD* (right?)

> I suspect you don't, either, so you assume he uses "becoming" - if so we
> both need to know exactly what Bruno is arguing actually happens (I use the
> word under erasure!) before we can have an opinion on whether he's right or
> not.

To the contrary! Bruno seems to eschew the very idea of Becoming!

> I have to ask, do you accept block universes? If not imho you're probably
> arguing from a false premise yourself.

I will write it again. Block Universes are an incoherent idea. It only
seems to work because we imagine tem as existing out there and subject to
our inspection from the outside. As if we are God or something... This very
idea is the problem, there is no God's eye view that can map faithfully to
any 1p view we might have.

>>    The UDA can be useful and it is interesting, but it is a castle built
>> in midair and expected to float free because the designer does not admit
>> the existence of gravity.
>>

> "That's fighting talk!" :-)

Correct.

>  --