On 19 Jan 2014, at 21:09, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Dear Bruno,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 18 Jan 2014, at 22:52, Stephen Paul King wrote:

I will write it again. Block Universes are an incoherent idea. It only seems to work because we imagine tem as existing out there and subject to our inspection from the outside. As if we are God or something... This very idea is the problem, there is no God's eye view that can map faithfully to any 1p view we might have.

In which theory?

It is an assumption that is smuggled into science and math. An unjustified extension of the 1p to cover all of the universe. Laplace's Demon is a good example of this.

That does not give a theory.

You are just communicating a personal conviction or feeling.

Sure, but I think you can see for yourself what its error is. It is most difficult to question assumptions that we believe to be true and have no simple physical falsification.

The problem is not the assumption, as you seem to defend comp (unlike me). the point is the validity of a reasoning. By definition of validity, that does not depend of the truth or falsity of the assumptions.

I am OK with that, but not if you oppose it to pretend that there is a flaw in a piece of science.

It is a flaw in the assumed ontological base of science, the idea that 1) observation is not interaction,

This is not assumed anywhere in the proof.

2) that it can occur passively and with no thermodynamic cost - exploration of Maxwell's demon proved otherwise-,

?

3) can be arbitrarily extended.

?

3) is easily disproven using arguments from topology. Can a single sheet cover a 3-manifold? No!

?

You must use your personal conviction to isolate the flaw. Not just repeat that there is one.

I have told you what the flaw is that I see.

Not at all. Sorry. No pint at all made in the UDA is addressed. Your points here are fuzzy, and seems to criticize comp, which is not the matter of the debate.

You have no explanation for multiple minds in interaction.

That is contingent. It would be a refutation if it was "you cannot have an explanation for ...", but this is something that you should prove then. And then we do get a first person plural, and all what needs to be done, is to see if the material hypostases get the physical laws as we know them. And that has become pure math, in this comp frame.

Anyway, the fact that some theory does not explain something is NOT a proof that a reasoning done in that theory is invalid.

Bruno

Descartes himself neglected to consider how minds would interact. If he had, he would have corrected his nonsense.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/everything-list/TBc_y2MZV5c/unsubscribe . To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com .

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher
Mobile: (864) 567-3099

stephe...@provensecure.com

 http://www.provensecure.us/

“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message immediately.”