On 2/4/2014 4:04 PM, ghib...@gmail.com wrote:

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 6:31:06 AM UTC, Brent wrote:

    On 2/3/2014 9:41 PM, ghi...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
    So do you think block time is what is inferred as a reality by each of
these  space
and time variants?

    You mean "implied by"?  It doesn't imply anything about which is right,
because it
    applies equally to all of them, just like we could label every point with a
latitude
    and longitude on a torodial Earth.

    Brent

Yeah implied, sorry about that. I was really just interested in your personal view as to whether blocktime is the best candidate for what's real. In the sense Liz and come out for blocktime pretty unambiguously.

It's the easiest way to think about SR. And it works for GR too so long as you avoid closed time-like loops. But GR and QM seem to be inconsistent, so it's hard to say either one is a good candidate for what's real. I just think they're very good approximations over some domains.