On Sunday, February 16, 2014, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:49:56 PM UTC-5, stathisp wrote:
>>
>> On 16 February 2014 01:32, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > No, the copy of the experience has no belief or experience at all. The
>> > reflection of the fire doesn't burn anything.
>>
>> Are you saying that the copy will be dead?
>

> I'm saying that the copy was never alive to begin with.
>

>> A pathologist would examine
>> it and declare that it cannot possibly be dead, everything is normal.
>> It not only looks like Craig, it also has skin, bones, internal
>> organs, blood, the histological structure of the organs is all normal,
>> biochemical analysis is normal, everything is normal.
>

> You are assuming that is possible, but it isn't. All you can do is clone
> me, which is no better than a twin brother as far as being a copy. No other
> kind of reproduction will work, any more than a flame could be made out of
> pixels.
>

>> If it's all
>> normal by every objective test but it is dead, that would be a
>> miracle.
>>

> It won't be normal by every objective test. You keep thinking of a zombie,
> but I am talking about a doll. There are no zombies, just as there is no
> way to turn lead into gold by a chemical transformation.

I'm proposing that all the atoms will be in place, put there by a
futuristic version of a 3D printer. Any analysis will then show that this
is a normal human with healthy organs. A pathologist doing an autopsy of a
cadaver finds at least some evidence of tissue damage consistent with death
even if the cause of death is undetermined, but in this case he will find
nothing wrong. Are you claiming that, nonenetheless, the 3D printed copy
will be as lifeless as a cadaver?

>> the
>> >

>> > You can't copy awareness. Awareness is what is uncopyable, not just
>> because
>> > awareness is special, but because it is ontologically perpendicular to
>> the
>> > possibility of simulation. All attempts to copy awareness result in a
>> doll.
>>
>> A doll as in dead, or some other kind of doll?
>>

> A doll as in never alive - as in a sculpture, an artifice, a facade...
>
> Craig
>

>> --
>> Stathis Papaioannou
>>
>  --