Sorry, that wasn't quite what I meant. I should have said there were some
60s songs that were fairly punk style, one of which mentioned an ice cream
cone but I can't remember anything else about it.

As a separate point, Cale was (probably) the most punkish of the Velvets
imho - "Leaving it up to you" comes to mind as an example, but he was (and
perhaps still is) very experimental in all sorts of ways. More of an
attitude than a musical style, however. I saw him live once and he still
had it, that could only have been about 10 years ago.

And yes when I mentioned Iggy Pop I was thinking mainly of the Stooges, I
have "Raw power" somewhere - with the volume on the CD higher than most (I
guess it goes up to 11 :-)

Which is a bit ironic because my copy of Iggy's "Repo Man" theme is quieter
than almost anything else in my collection. Why can't CDs have consistent
volume for those of us who turn them into a collection of MP3s?