On 2 July 2014 11:09, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> SMad will likely not work with say, an Iranian guv mint, but it worked ok
> with the Sovs. You fear a Pyrrhic victory, I fear capitulation.

Yes, MAD wouldn't work with a nation of suicide bombers, for example, it
requires the other side to have a rational desire to stay alive. I suspect
that covers most world leaders myself but who knows you *may *have a point.
Assuming you do, then you're basically saying you'd rather the human race
died on its feet than lived on its knees, a view with which I have some
sympathy (although having died on its feet there isn't a chance for a later
slaves' revolt...)