I do not doubt that increased CO2 in the atm causes global warming
and that nowadays much of it comes from burning fossil fuels.

Yet my opinion of the Vostok ice core data is that
when global temperatures got to their present levels,
rapid global warming abruptly turned into less rapid global cooling
and eventual descent into another ice age.

I believe the mechanism is that global warming makes the jet stream more
unstable.
When I was young some 50-60 years ago,
the jet stream essentially went directly across the USA.
Now it dips down into Texas and seemingly stabilizes there
as it just fits the continental USA. The resulting snow cover in the winter
changes the earth's albedo and may be the causal factor
in a flip from warming to cooling.

I just heard a week or so ago on NPR that Siberia is experiencing record
snowfalls.
So apparently stabilization of the jet stream over the USA, if that is
indeed true,
may stabilize it across the entire globe. Time will tell.

The Republicans should be willing to pay me good money for such a theory.
But I hate what they are doing to the USA so much
that I hope you all will keep this possibility a secret.

Richard