Neither the USSR was democratic neither democracy means freedom. I said to
you that democracy is a bad name, a wildcard that each one fill with
underserved and unjustified attirbuted, a symbol of freedom that does not
deserve it.

 It is like If i insist to call alcoholism as the proper name for
euphoria.  The same happens with democracy and freedom.

If truth and freedom were the result of the decission of the majority, then
herds of sheeps would have painted the Chapelle Sixtine and they would be
exploring the galaxy.

So hard is that to be understood?

> On 02 Jan 2015, at 21:01, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_democracy
>

> First, a reference to wikipedia is everything but an argument.
>
> Second, it looks like the athenian democracy". I just said that this is
> not "democracy" in the modern sense of the word.
>
> From my own research, the USSR has been one of the hardest dictatorship in
> human history. Only after the fall of the berlin wall could many refugees
> (from USSR and its satellites) see their family again, when still alive.
>
> Religion was also forbidden and christians, jews and others have been
> deported or executed, in mass. All people I know from there confirmed: no
> elections, except at the top of the hierarchy, like in China. Those were
> atheist dictatorships.
>
> If you believed that  the USSR was democratic, I understand better your
> critics on the democratic system!
>
> Bruno

>> On 01 Jan 2015, at 22:28, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

>>> On 29 Dec 2014, at 19:27, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
>>>
>>> The Soviet union can be formally considered a "democracy".
>>>

>>> I disagree. Democracy is when there are election, with secret vote,
>>> every four or five years. It allows a formal opposition with some
>>> representation is some parliament or equivalent.
>>>

>> The soviet union had elections and a other parties. It had a parliament .
>> At least in most of the comunist parties there were a "formal" opposition.
>> The constitution of the URSS was ok according to liberal standards. All
>> that you mentioned were meet as well as it is met by almost every modern
>> regime
>>

>> You might give reference. I have never heard of the people being able to
>> vote.
>>
>> A leftist friend of mind was so naive on this that he asked to the USSR
>> to accept him as political refugees, during a visit there (well before the
>> fall of the Berlin wall). He get imprisonned, suspect of being a spy, but
>> eventually succeeded to hide in an embassy, and escape. His opinion on the
>> USSR "democracy" changed.
>>
>> Just give me a reference of one vote of the people (not just at the top)
>> in the USSR. Thanks.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>>> http://books.google.es/books?id=kNfBCKFB8WMC&printsec=frontcover&hl=es#v=onepage&q=soviet&f=false
>>>

>>> By looking for a true universal classification for political regimes, It
>>> is necessary to raise the level of analysis to metaphysics and theology,
>>> since definitions need to be more and more abstract and precise at the same
>>> time. There is no way to use the external (formal) neither the internal
>>> (self reported) data.
>>>
>>> Basically the only possible forms of governments are the ones defined by
>>> the greek phylosophers.
>>>

>>> Actually I disagree on this, despite my appreciation of the greeks
>>> philosophers. Plato, and even Plotinus, tried to implement cities governed
>>> by "sage", but this does not work. Cities are better governed by
> [...]

Alberto.