On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:23 AM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 29 2015 Samiya wrote:
>  *  " Why not define God as the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe and
> Everything Else that is or may exist?" *
>
> Excellent proposal for a *DEFINING*. Now that carries a question: if you
> 'define God (Allah?) as the smartest and best Creator and Sustainer, why do
> you pretend to be "smarter"

Is that how I come across? May God forgive me. I am just another human with
a tiny perspective which I attempt to explain through my limited
vocabulary.

and tell us what God thinks, does and plans?

 I simply share my understanding of the Quranic message, mostly when asked.
Why do you ask me if you think its pretence.

> If God is the
> best Sustained,

God is the Sustainer and does not need or seek sustenance from creation:
that is my understanding from what I read in the Quran. Whether God is
self-sustained or best-sustained or whatever else, I do not even want to
speculate as that would just not be right. I cannot and do not want to make
any assumptions about or images of God. It is not for a human with a tiny
perspective of creation to make assumptions about the Creator.

> why do you pray for changing His plans (whatever those may be)?

You assume that.

We pray because we are directed to pray and because we are informed in the
Quran that we have been created to worship, which I think encompasses
willing obedience, submission and service.

We have ritualistic prayers and we have informal prayers:

In ritualistic prayers, we recite reminders about the core beliefs of faith
and pray for guidance for all [http://quran.com/1/ ], recite any portion of
the Quran again as a reminder, then submit physically and verbally by
bowing and prostrating, then bear witness that there is no God but God, and
that Mohammad is His messenger, then pray that Mohammad and his family is
blessed the way Abraham and his family have been blessed, and then any
Quranic or personal prayer we wish to ask. We conclude the formal prayers
by greeting the angels who are maintaining our record, whom we believe are
constantly on our right and left, mentioned in the Quran as the honourable
recorders in Chapter 82, verses 10-12 [http://quran.com/82 ] as well as in
Chapter 50, verses 16-18 [http://quran.com/50 ]

In informal prayers, we glorify God, thus being mindful of His Majesty,
Grace and Love, and we seek forgiveness, thus reminding ourselves of our
limits of knowledge and understanding, and human weaknesses and
shortcomings, and our utter dependence on the Grace of God.

Also, since we believe that God's love is far greater than any mother can
even imagine loving her child, we cry our hearts out to God to find solace
and comfort when life seems overwhelming. We do not know if God will change
His plans for us, or change our hearts to be more open to the trials of
this temporal life, or if it is also part of God's plan to make us pray
some particular prayer at some particular moment in time. The Uncertainty
Principle applies to us, but not to God.

> If God is the 'Creator', why do we have
> miscreants like sinners, among us - creations? What about Satan?

Honestly, I don't know. I know they exist, but why God allows it or allows
them to do what they do, I don't know. However, this verse [
http://quran.com/18/51 ] has been puzzling me for sometime, and some
discussions on consciousness did touch upon something similar a few weeks
ago.

What about the origination of the Script?

You mean the scriptures or our life scripts or the script of the entire
universe as it is unfolding?

Samiya

>>> http://quran.com/24/35 ] of the Heavens and Earth;