On 2/26/2015 3:09 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Fro the greek, the existence of God is a quasi-triviality, because God, by definition, is the reality that we search. Then the real question is what is the nature of God? A person? A physical thing? A mathematical thing? A first principle, etc.

The Greeks had many concepts of the basis of reality which were not assumed to be gods, i.e. persons. Anaximander called it "aperion". From Wikipedia:

"Greek philosophy entered a high level of abstraction, adopting apeiron as the origin of all things, because it is completely indefinite. This is a further transition from the previous existing mythical way of thought to the new rational way of thought which is the main characteristic of the archaic period (8th-6th century BC)."

So I reiterate my objection that using "God" is not only obfuscating your avowed meaning it is also wrong to say it's what the Greeks meant by the basis of reality.