JKC wrote: "
Giuseppe Peano
​ did not have​
 a brain made of matter that obeyed the laws of physics
​?!​ Was he headless or just brainless? Perhaps Giuseppe's mother had the
Zika virus when she was pregnant.

Physical sciences - so far - never explained the MENTAL activity assigned
to brains (guts?) - the physical measurements simply ASSUMED some neuronal
activity "translated" into mental processes.
In the 'physical] view Peano did have indeed a head and brains and certain
measurements could be assigned to the mental activity experienced by such.
Try to trace the topical output by the lab-results.
  WHERE (if it is a localizable concept) and HOW (if it is subject to ANY
of our physical conundrums) such mentality was performed is still unknown.
Similarly the 'connectivity' between a physically 'headed' and 'brained'
person - his ideas and topical conclusions - are beyond our present
physiological - physical data.

John Mikes