From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Apr 17, 2016 10:26 pm
Subject: Re: Non-locality and MWI

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016  Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

​>> ​
There is only one Alice and one Bob
​                  in every world that I am talking about too, but there
          are 4 different worlds, and in each world they observe
  4 unique particles; and 4 different yous are observing                  the
                4                  different
​                    Alice and Bobs.​ The only way to know which of the
           yous is you is to observe Alice and Bob observe
their particles.

​> ​
They can talk about their results in their own worlds. So what?

​So is there a way of knowing which of the 4 yous is you other than by
observing what Alice and Bob are observing? I
​
f there is I can't imagine what it could be.

​                  >
​>>​
 ​You appear to have a clear grasp of the situation --                either QM
is intrinsically non-local, or we have                magic......

​>> ​
Or
​
 non-realism.

​> ​
If by non-realism you mean some version of Einstein's "elements of    reality",

​Einstein believed in realism even more than he believed in determinism or
locality, that's why he said the moon existed even when nobody was looking at
it.

 John K Clark