On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 1:57 AM, <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> I didn't mean to imply that all atoms in a baseball have the same
> entangled state.

​Then a baseball is not in one ​
definite state
​​.

​>
> I just meant that whatever state it's in, it's not in contradiction with
> REALISM.
> ​ ​
> Even superpositions are not in contradiction with REALISM

We
​ ​
know
​ ​
the Bell Inequality is violated and that proves that if things are
deterministic then either locality or REALISM or both are untrue. And we
know the
​ ​
Leggett–Garg inequality
​ ​
is also violated and that proves that if things are deterministic and
REALISTIC
​ ​
then
​ ​
the non-local forces must be very odd indeed, they
​ ​
must violate
​
 the Arrow If Time, that is to say the future must effect the past.
​ Face facts, ​n
o matter what turns out to be true of one thing we can be certain, it will
be WEIRD!

​>> ​
>> ​Explain to me how ​
>> Everett's MWI
>> ​ can work without the Multiverse.​ The fact that string theory also
>> needs a Multiverse just give more support to Everett, or at least it would
>> if there were any experimental evidence to indecate string theory was true,
>>

> ​> ​
> The Many Worlds of Everett and String Theory have no direct or indirect
> relationship

​Except that they both require a multiverse, as does Big Bang Inflation
theory.​

> ​> ​
> You keep ignoring the fact that these other worlds, if they exist, arise
> in totally different contexts and theories

​
Ignore it? I didn't ignore it I'm the one who pointed it out! Three
entirely different theories in 3 apparently different areas of physics all
were forced to come to the exact same conclusion, the Multiverse must exist.

> ​>
> As for the continuity of time and space, to the extent we can test for it,
> continuity is so far affirmed.

That is true, so far, of course we can never prove experimentally that its
​ ​
continuous, the best we can do is say if its granular
​ ​
then
​ ​
the grains must be smaller than X.
​ ​
I do admit that if space and time really are granular then much of my
argument  probably goes out the window. I say probably because if anything
is going on
​ ​
at
​ ​
distances smaller than the Planck Length or during time less than the
Planck Time we don't have a clue what they could be
​ ​
because
​ ​
both Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity break down entirely at such
small scales and give nonsense answers.

*​> ​Essentially, all calculations and predictions in physics are
> approximations. *

​Yes, a computer simulation of a hurricane is an approximation of the real
thing. Suppose a meteorologist said "Its not my computer model's fault for
not being exactly the same as the physical hurricane, its the physical
hurricane's fault for not being exactly the same as my computer model". If
mathematics is really more fundamental than physics then the meteorologist
would have a point.       ​

*​> ​the fact that a Turing Machine can't do an exact calculation in finite
> time seems irrelevant.  *

​
Forget finite, it can't do it even in infinite time!
​ ​
A supremely important type of physical machine can produce almost none of
the Real Numbers even
​ i​
n a
​n​
​ ​
infinite
​ ​amount
 of
​ ​
time, and that strongly suggests almost none of the Real Numbers are needed
for a supremely important physical operation. That doesn't sound irrelevant
to me.

* ​> ​if you claim irrational numbers are not fundamentally important for
> physics, how do you account for the fact that PI comes up in Maxwell's
> equations and Einstein's field equations? *

​In the entire history of the world nobody has ever made one single
physical calculation using PI, they've only used approximations of PI.

 ​John K Clark​