On 11/17/2017 6:41 PM, agrayson2...@gmail.com wrote:
*Not sure of the distinction between "an operator" and a "local operator" in the context of the singlet state. *

A local operator would be one that interacts with only one of the two particles, i.e. it's located near Alice or near Bob, but not both.

*Can you write the basis and possibly the operator in which the singlet state, which I think is pure, is an eigenfunction? AG *

Maybe Bruce can do this more elegantly, but I think it would be,

Where A and B refere to Alice and Bob and the subscript indicates they detected the particle as spin up or down relative to the SG set at angle phi_i.  And the sum is over all possible angles.  So the operator should return 1 if the angular momentum is conserved (it's a singlet state) and 0 otherwise, but doesn't actually tell you what the spin direction was.