Soon the rich will be rushing to Alcor!

-----Original Message-----
From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 13, 2018 5:21 pm
Subject: How to live forever

​

Woody Allen said "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want
to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live on in the hearts
of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment”, well maybe there is a
way. Yesterday the Large Mammal Brain Preservation Prize was awarded to 21st
Century Medicine and lead company ​researcher Robert McIntyre. They used both
glutaraldehyde fixation and cryogenic storage, and proved that a pig's brain
connectome, that is ​the 150 trillion synaptic connections that are thought to
encode memory and the whole mind, is preserved. And because it is stored at
near liquid nitrogen temperatures it could be preserved for centuries. 3D
pictures were made by a electron microscope after the brain was rewarmed and
they showed amazing preservation, and there is no reason to think
molecular-level information wouldn't be preserved too. It's even more
impressive when you consider that the pictures were made after rewarming
because most of the damage happens at that stage, I would have been delighted
even if the pictures were made while the brain was still frozen, but this is
even better. Kenneth Hayworth  a PhD in Neurosciencesaid:

"Let that sink in…  Aldehyde-stabilized cryopreservation, if properly applied
TODAY, could preserve the information content of a human brain for
indefinitely-long storage."

At this point there is little doubt, Aldehyde-stabilized cryopreservation works
and it does a much better job than the method Alcor currently uses. And at this
point no new science is required we just need improved technical procedures to
make it practical to use in a hospital setting and the will to do so.

There is more about this here

https://turingchurch.net/cryonics-for-uploaders-the-brain-preservation-prize-has-been-won-cebbe98c241a

And there is a really good video about this, it's 24 minutes long but anyone
who is seriously interested in immortality needs to watch it:

​

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejIKy5R4uGM

John K Clark