From: *John Clark* <johnkcl...@gmail.com <mailto:johnkcl...@gmail.com>>

Einstein didn't say nothing can move faster than light, he only said matter and energy and information can't. Thanks to recent experiments with Bell's Inequality we already have rock solid evidence that quantum influences (but not information) can move much faster than light and are consistent with being instantaneous
.

John K Clark

I am glad that someone else on this list actually understand the implications of Bell's theorem. In fact, it is not even Bell's theorem that is important here -- it is the experimental confirmation of the existence of correlations between space-like separated events that shows that instantaneous influence-at-a-distance exists. Bell ruled out any /local/ hidden variable explanation, but we could have non-local hidden variables (Bohm). These, if material, would be FTL, but one does not need to go down this path, and there is no evidence for it.

Bruce