On 10/28/2018 4:54 PM, agrayson2...@gmail.com wrote:

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 11:38:02 PM UTC, Brent wrote:

    On 10/28/2018 4:50 AM, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:

    On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 10:27:07 AM UTC, Tomas Pales wrote:

        On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 3:37:05 AM UTC+1,
        agrays...@gmail.com wrote:

            *So what? The point I am making is that some mathematical
            objects exist but are not instantiated in physical
            reality, thus falsifying his hypothesis, unless you
            insist that they are instantiated in other universes, in
            which case you have a non falsifiable theory, which isn't
            a scientific theory. AG*

        If it is logically consistent for a mathematical object to be
        instantiated in a universe then it is instantiated there.

    *I think you mean that if some mathematical construct does not
    contradict the laws of physics in some universe, then it must be
    instantiated in that universe. *

    That's not what he said.  He said all logically consistent objects
    must exist.  Breaking one of the laws of physics, e.g. not
    conserving 4-momentum, is not a/*logical contradiction*/ of anything.

*I definitely recall him saying that NOT breaking a law of physics would be a necessary condition for something to be instantiated.  AG*

Yes, he seems unaware of the difference between nomological and logical.