On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 4:35:39 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Because finite numbers can be shown to have infinite hallucinations,
> especially when they mess with other finite numbers. And that leads to a
> testable theology, which includes an explanation of where both quanta and
> qualia comes from. Then assuming more than that in the ontology, introduces
> unnecessary difficulties, probably inconsistency or deflation of
> predictions. (Usually called white rabbit in this list (and in my long
> version thesis).
>
> Bruno

*Hallucinations and qualia can be derived from numbers* *(numerical
reality) *is one thesis. But what is the test?

In material reality, numbers do not exist (aka mathematical fictionalism).
So positing numbers would add more to the ontology (a Platonic realm in
addition to the material realm).

*Material reality supports both information (numberical) processing and
experience (qualia) processing.* The alternative thesis.

That I am conscious is the test that there is a material reality.

- pt