On 1/5/2019 9:49 PM, agrayson2...@gmail.com wrote:

    But is this consistent with https://arxiv.org/abs/1109.5191v2
    <https://arxiv.org/abs/1109.5191v2> which showed spacetime to be
    smooth down to 1/525 of the Planck length?

    Brent

*If we can't measure a Planck length, how can we measure of fraction of that value? How large are those tiles in relation to Planck length? AG*

By looking for the cumulative effect of the EM waves interacting with the "graininess" of spacetime over very many grains.  The idea is that photons of wavelength very long compared to the grain size will just average over them as though they were continua. But very high energy, gamma ray photons, with much shorter wavelength, will experience the graininess and propagate slightly slower, which over cosmological distances will produce a difference in arrival time at our telescopes.  Read the paper.