> On 4 Jan 2019, at 05:16, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> On 1/3/2019 6:01 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>> As a scientist, I just count the evidences, and evaluate the plausibility of
>> the big picture proposed.I predicted the many-world appearances much before
>> I realised the physicists were already open to this for empirical reason.
>> Once you understand that there are infinitely many computations going
>> through you actual state,
>
> What does it mean "your actual state"?   How is it defined within the UD?

It is defined indexically, like in a block universe, but in a more precise way
through the Gödel number of a Löbian machine in the []p & X modes (with X in
{p, <>t, <>t & p}, p being limited to the sigma_1 (semi-computable)
arithmetical sentences.

Of coure, "actual state" does not refer to anything in the mind-block picture
(which is just the structure (N, 0, +, *)). The actual state is purely
phenomenological. We cannot define it in any 3p terms. It is pure 1p, but with
mechanism, its (meta) logic is captured by the (3p describable if the machine
assumes Mechanism) material mode.
We know that intuitively: the actual state of the guy in Moscow is “I am in
Moscow”, and the actual state of the guy in Washington is “I am in Washington”.
Both are correct, but as everyone know (except John apparently), both the W and
M guys  feel their actual state as being very different of the mental state of
their counterpart.

All indexicals are treated directly or indirectly with Kleene’s second
recursion theorem. Like G and G* are shown arithmetically complete by using
that theorem, or its equivalent formal version (Gödel diagonal lemma).

Bruno