On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 10:14:24 AM UTC-6, John Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 9:59 AM Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > *I shouldn't say (if will jinx me!) but I've never gotten a flu shot
>> and I haven't gotten the flu in over 40 years.*
>

> It's odd, no invention in human history has saved more lives than vaccines
> and yet from the day the first one was invented in 1796 there has been
> unscientific resistance against its use; it is the reason Polio was not
> eliminated from the face of the Earth decades ago and the reason there is
> currently a measles outbreak in anti-vaccine hotspots in the USA. And no
> less a person than the presadent has spread the ridiculous rumor that
> vaccinations cause autism.
>
>   John K Clark

I had the usual childhood diseases (measles and mumps). Salk announced the
successful test of his polio vaccine  the month I was born. ("Salk went on
CBS radio to report a successful test on a small group of adults and
children on 26 March 1953; two days later, the results were published in
JAMA." - Wikipedia)

When I was 21 (in college) I had an extremely bad flu and I was in a
college infirmary bed for 3 or 4 days. I think I had some minor flus in my
20s, but since age 30 I can't recall anything that kept me out of work. And
after 40 I can't remember any flu. Simple colds, yes.

I should be getting the yearly flu shot (or shots?).

- pt