On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 10:14:24 AM UTC-6, John Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 9:59 AM Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > *I shouldn't say (if will jinx me!) but I've never gotten a flu shot
>> and I haven't gotten the flu in over 40 years.*
>

> It's odd, no invention in human history has saved more lives than vaccines
> and yet from the day the first one was invented in 1796 there has been
> unscientific resistance against its use; it is the reason Polio was not
> eliminated from the face of the Earth decades ago and the reason there is
> currently a measles outbreak in anti-vaccine hotspots in the USA. And no
> less a person than the presadent has spread the ridiculous rumor that
> vaccinations cause autism.
>
>   John K Clark

I simply forgot to get flu shots this year. I have gotten two of cases of
the flu, Last week was a fairly ordinary flu that was annoying. The flu I
had this week was horrible. It hit me Sunday evening and within 10 minutes
I was staggering. I had 102 F fever and had these bizarre delerium dreams.
The fever ended on Tuesday, but the prolonged part began. Influenza can
cause the lungs to fill with fluid, and my left lung was filled and this
hurt a lot. I felt as if I was impaled through the left chest. It took
until today to finally expectorate that out. There are some vestiges of
this, but it is largely gone. I am completely exhausted.

LC