You keep trotting out the term "cybernetic delusion" as if it's a problem.
But it's just an assumption I make, that consciousness is identified with
cybernetic dynamics. I'm exploring the consequences of that idea, which are
compelling IMO.

You or anyone else can feel free to adopt or not adopt that assumption. But
it's not a delusion. Calling it that suggests there's a more correct way to
view consciousness. But you haven't been clear about what that is,
vacillating between "only certain kinds of matter can be conscious" and
"all matter is conscious". If you adopt panpsychism, you fall prey to the
cybernetic delusion yourself. And when you don't, *you fail to explain what
privileges certain kinds of matter over others*. It seems pretty clear to
me that there's no principled way to do that... any explanation of why
brains can be conscious but not computers starts to sound suspiciously like
"spirit" and "soul", in the sense that you're invoking some property of
matter that cannot be detected.

Terren