On Sat, May 11, 2019, at 00:02, Bruce Kellett wrote:

>>> But arithmetic does not exist independently of the human mind, and
>>> mechanism is manifestly a pipe dream.
>>>

>> You sound certain. What is your evidence?
>>
>> Jason
>
> The is no evidence for mathematical realism,

There is plenty of evidence, informally known as "the unreasonable
effectiveness of math". Does this mean that mathematical realism is true? No,
but then again the same applies to all promising ideas.

>  and mechanism is a failed idea because it cannot account for our experience.

Nothing so far can account for our experience, this is why we keep having all
these discussions.

Telmo.