> [...]
>>> invalidate a much simpler theory, not yet contradicted by any facts.
>>>
>>> Bruno
>>>

>>>   consciousness is a mathematical semantic fixed point, related to the
>>> neural loops
>>>
>>> It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
>>>
>>> "is" could be a descriptive relationship, like a program of a tornado is
>>> not a tornado.
>>
>> No problem with this.
>>

>>> But if tornados are just mental creations,
>>
>> Mechanism does not implies this. Tornados are not ontologically real, but
>> they are phenomenologically real, and their existence depends in fine on
>> natural number relations, which are not mental creation, at least not human
>> mental creations.
>>

>>> where everything mental is a numerical fixed point, then all reality *is*
>>> numerical simulation.
>>
>> Consciousness and other semantical notion are fixed point of partially
>> computable functional. But most of arithmetic are not, unless you intent
>> them, but them it relies on fixed point of transformation in your brain,
>> which, as a phenomenological object, will be a fixed point at a different
>> level. It is hard to describe this without getting a bit more technical. I
>> might have some opportunity to explain more on this later.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>> It seems though that while I was referencing a material pan[propto]psychism
>> - where elementary constituents of matter that ends up in an integrated
>> brain have proto-experientiality - what you have is a numerical
>> pan[proto[psychism, where there are elementary numeral constituents in
>> things that are not brains that possess a proto-consciousness. (Even rocks
>> of certain types have been shown to be a kind of signal processors.) If
>> fact, a numerical reality reveals a panpsychism of a numerical nature even
>> more explicitly than a material one.
>
> Mechanism assumes only the natural numbers with their laws of addition and
> multiplication (or Turing equivalent like S and K + the application laws).
>
> There is no consciousness in numbers. Consciousness relies on complex Turing
> universal number relations, which can be proved to exist (in elementary
> arithmetic), and which describes a non trivial discourse on the par of the
> machine, including the physical discourse, making Mechanism refutable (but
> confirmed up to now).
>
> Rock simply do not exist per se. They belong to appearances emerging from
> long computational histories and their first person statistics.
>
> Bruno
>

> Consciousness relies on complex Turing universal number relations, which can
> be proved to exist (in elementary arithmetic), and which describes a non
> trivial discourse on the par of the machine, including the physical
> discourse, making Mechanism refutable (but confirmed up to now).
>

> This universality of this consciousness in this "arithmetical reality"
> (whatever it's called) is on a par with panpsychism in a material reality.

I am not sure. An arithmetical version of panpsychism would assert that all
numbers think, when actually, the thinking is only in sufficiently complex
number relations. Then materialism makes this worst, if I can say, by
introducing some “inert substance” as matter is called sometimes, and endow it
with thinking, which seems mysterious (how could “inert matter” think?). And
Mechanism aggravates the position of materialism by throwing some doubt about
the primary ontological nature of matter.

Thinking is essentially dynamical and relational, even for the part requiring
consciousness, despite this one is related to both the dynamics (captured by
the provability predicate) and truth (which is admittedly statical).

There are interesting argument that bacteria and plant are already thinking and
perhaps conscious. Like there are interesting argument that machines can think.
Once we accept Panpsychism, those arguments do no more make sense, as
everything is thinking. That gives a situation where we can believe that
machine are thinking, and still say no to the doctor, because the machine might
be able to think just because it is made of matter, which is completely changed
with an artificial digital brain.

If I change the blade of my knife, and then the handle, did my knife survived?

If everything is thinking/conscious, what is the difference between someone
alive and a corpse?

Bruno