On 2/2/2020 2:59 PM, John Clark wrote:
On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 1:42 AM 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>> wrote:

    /> You can make it true by interpreting "can happen" to mean "can
    happen according the prediction of quantum mechanics for this
    situation", but then it becomes trivial. /

I suppose "trivial" is a pretty subjective word but the difference between the following seem pretty non-trivial to me, at least in my purely subjective opinion:

1) Things are inherently random, Brent Meeker might see the electron go right or go left but it will only do one thing it's just that there is no way for Brent Meeker to predict which.

2) Things are inherently deterministic, the electron will go both left and right and Brent Meeker will see both.

That anything = "one of two possible paths" makes it trivial that "anything can happen".  It rules out infinitely many things that one might otherwise consider included in anything.

Brent

The words "Brent Meeker" being defined as being the man who remembers being Brent Meeker yesterday.

John K Clark
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3fpcLn2CLrQ_4vVLGpPq0jsyXpTN8RbFGJyYuuPCJ0Qw%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3fpcLn2CLrQ_4vVLGpPq0jsyXpTN8RbFGJyYuuPCJ0Qw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.