> On 11 Mar 2021, at 19:05, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 8:09 AM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com
> <mailto:jasonre...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> > So if 2+2=4, then thoughts exist.
>
> But if I think 2+2 = 5 then thoughts still exist,

That is ambiguous. Strictly speaking if 2+2=5, I am the pope, and in fact
everything becomes provable, so unicorn exist, even square circles.
So it is true that thought exists, but anything exist in that case, making that
existence vacuously true.

> but without the laws of physics a Turing machine can't exist,

That is false. PA proves the existence of all Turing machine. You identify a
mathematical notion with its representation in a physical theory.
Those are different concepts.
I prefer (for good reason) to not assume an ontological physical reality at the
start, which is implicit in your remark here.

Bruno