This battle happens in so many companies.

> I would like to limit the size of the PST files that we use

Remember that PSTs have a max file size of 2 GB each.  So if your
users are real packrats, you have the potential of having several
PSTs per user.  Q266709 talks about the file size limitations.

You can also contact MS to get the PST/OST crop utility.  I've
never used it, so I'm not sure how it works.  This util is also
mentioned in Q266709.

This is often a losing battle for email admins.  There is no
substitute for good user training...

Cheers,
Karen