So if what some are saying comes true, and if 50-100 years France and Germany become majority Muslim states, do you feel these states will be better or worse off for non-Muslims and women? What about people who are not "of the book", like , Atheists, Hindus and Buddhists? What about human rights in general?

On Sep 26, 2007, at 7:34 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

> Actually I found Judy's original post about the little Koran
> singer amusing in that she had considered converting to Judaism
> once before and was gushing over a little boy singing from the
> Koran without knowing what he was singing. For all anybody knew,
> he could have been singing about killing Jews and other infidels.
> Just my observation which I found ironic. Meanwhile, I'm attacked
> and called a bigot because I dare associate Islam with anything
> negative like bigotry towards Jews and infidels and accused of
> promoting Israeli propaganda, code word for *Jewish lies*. Such
> is a day in Fairfield Life:)

While I agree with you completely on what's been
going on here on Fairfield Life, I think that even
you will have to admit that there *is* a great deal
of Israeli propaganda, and has been for decades.
It coincides with a lot of the Neocon/Bush propa-
ganda, in that both sets of People With Agendas
would like nothing better than for people all over
the world to hear the words 'Arab' or 'Muslim' and
then, in their next thought, automatically associate
those words with 'terrorist' and 'killer.'

And, sadly, they have accomplished this to some
extent in the United States. You really don't see
it as much here in Europe, where they're more used
to dealing with people from different countries
and different traditions as individuals, not as
symbols for something.

When you live alongside a lot of Muslims, and deal
with them on a day-to-day basis, it's easier to
understand that the propaganda about them is just
that, and that they're human beings just like you
and me who, for the most part, want the same things
that you and I want. But for Americans who have been
frightened into being *afraid* of anyone who looks
even remotely Middle Eastern, and regarding them as
a potential terrorist ready to kill them the moment
their back is turned, it's quite a different story.

I've met a number of Americans over here lately,
and I have to tell you how *shocking* it is to hear
the things they think, and the things they worry
about. After living in Europe for four years, I have
grown used to an environment in which there is *zero*
fear of terrorism in the general population. There
is an *awareness* of it, and there are measures in
place to prevent anything from happening, but it
really doesn't impinge on the private lives of most
of the people. I would go so far as to say that the
fear of terrorism never even enters their minds;
they're too busy living their lives and enjoying
those lives, for the most part.

And then I meet the Americans. *Smart* Americans,
*intelligent* Americans, not like Bush and his cronies.
And they can't go an hour without mentioning terrorism
at least once.

It's very, very sad from my point of view. It's an
indication that the terrorists WON with regard to
America and Americans. When the bombs went off in
Madrid, half the population of the city marched to
show their protest, and their conviction that such
things were impermissible, and that they wouldn't
tolerate them. But then they went back to their lives.
Same in London, with the subway bombings. The next
day people were back at work and back in their lives.
They didn't allow the mind virus of "terrorism" to
take over their lives and make them worried much of
the time and make them give away their liberties. I'm
sorry, dude, but Americans did. They allowed the
terrorists to WIN, by allowing these mind viruses
free rein in their minds.

In a way it's similar to some of the games we see
played here on FFL. There are people whose goal in
life seems to be to suck attention. They want you to
*focus on them*. They want to believe that you're
thinking about them all the time, even if what they
believe you're thinking is how to do them or their
reputations harm. They're like "attention terrorists,"
always trying to push themselves into somebody else's
mind.

Me, I don't stand for it any more. Like the Spanish
and like the British, I've got more important things
to do than think about insecure pissants who want to
force their way into your attention field. Like living.
Like working. Like playing and having fun.

I have realized that the pissants are going to be
stalking me and other people here that they don't
like pretty much forever. I can't do anything about
it; it just seems to be how their minds work, their
"operating system." But I don't have to allow them
into *my* mind.

As with terrorism, living well is the best revenge.