Angela Mailander wrote:
> You think there are no Blackwater thugs and no
> American troops in Iraq terrorizing the civilian
> population?  That's pretty amazing.

That's correct - there's no Blackwater "thugs" and
"no American troops in Iraq terrorizing the civilian
population". Terrorists are the thugs and the radical
Islamists are doing the terrorizing. If you believe
otherwise then you're just screwed up in the head.

WASHINGTON -- The perception that the U.S. troop surge
in Iraq has succeeded is changing some public views of
the war, potentially blunting Democrats' political edge
on the issue.

Full story:

'Sentiment on Iraq Is Changing'
By John D. McKinnon
Wall Street Journal, March 5, 2008
http://tinyurl.com/2cxubx

Apparently, it never occurred to these deep-thinkers
that inflicting a defeat on al-Qaeda in Iraq -- a defeat
made possible because a previously sympathetic population
turned with our help against al Qaeda -- might constitute
a devastating blow to al Qaeda's standing in the Arab
world.

Read more:

'Bad news for al Qaeda'
Posted by Paul Mirengoff: