I just can't buy into that. I find the idea of actually having a honest
historical picture of various spiritual orgs, whether it be the Catholic
church, Shambhala International, Inc. or the TM Org fascinating because the
truth is stranger than the fiction. At least that's been my experience.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

--------Uh, having had this sort of roundtable discussion for a long time many
of us are of the mind that since religions and their followings, including
ourselves, are inhabited by beings who are somehow needy, that they all
therefore are basically whack (neurotic) at the outset, so all religious groups
will be even more trying and tiresome than ones own family.

I mean, I don't really have any agenda at FFLife so much but to emote and hear
some familiar voices of spiritual people so we are maybe here for same reasons,
maybe different. At any rate Vaj, you have done much to increase the spiritual
vocabulary here. I personally at this late date try not to dunk Maharishi since
that would be tantamount to declaring myself a total idiot, since I spent so
much time involved in it and liking it.

I said all I ever needed to when I freaked out about TMO and posted my diatribe
on AMT. I was also such a vocal opponent of Maharishi in his last years.
Though I don't do TM anymore I still was born out of it anew. I later forgave
what I felt of Maharishi's shortcomings instead marvelling that at least one
human was loudly making some noise for some sort of positive -through mystical-
change. In my mind I remember talking to George Harrison about Maharishi and
the set lights outside looked like the foam spray off of a waterfall as it
shown down through a slice in the the paper darkened movie set behind him and
he was holding his long sandalwood mala and so now I am flashing on Maharishi,
a waterfall, a sandalwood mala, a beatle, a pure and powerful mystical time on
Earth. that's what Maharishi meant. A beam of Jaya Guru Deva off into deep
space thanks to NASA. Even Jesus didn't get that. What M means to me now. He
was something like the LSD trials

But lately though I am just thankful for any spiritual people of mystical
pursuasions anywhere to talk to. They being very rare in this world. The early
Eastern gurus burning up alot of freely given  Western good will as they have
done.

So I am wasting time helplessly unable to get my day started. But here goes.

Personally though I see no hope for the blending of science and spirituality
and in fact it can only lead to disaster through bigotry. This was my main
problem with Hindutva in general, the fascism. Thus my joining Vajra clan.
Buddhists cannot be fascist. It is not allowed. It is not a possibility. Of
course they can be bigoted and opinionated, but not fascist.