--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Um, was that a moral act?

It was according to my moral compass. Others may differ.

> Where's your sense of "The Prime Directive?"  Must not we allow
> Kirk the right to "fail" our posting rules?

FFL is not the fictional Star Trek universe.

> Seems to me you did him a wrong by some sort of unauthorized
> "parenting."

And, maybe I did him a right.

> And, hey, do I get the same oversight by you?

It would depend on the circumstances.

> If not, then you're kinda saying, "Kirk's not responsible for
> his actions, and we have to 'contain' him for his own good."

That's basically true. I had a very strong feeling that he would overpost, and
considering the crummy space he's been in lately, I intervened.

> To me, whenever Kirk goes over the limit, I cringe, cuz I like
> the dude's stuff, but I think he deserves the right to see what
> his mind comes up with when he's banned for a week.  I'd rather
> see him banned and come to terms with that reality than see him
> "controlled by Alex" -- and, please note, I think you think you
> did him a favor, so your intentions are not the focus here.

Your opinion is duly noted. Frankly, though, I'm more interested in hearing how
Kirk feels about this. And, if he doesn't want to waste a post on meta stuff,
he should email me privately.