below
<curtisdeltabl...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung no_reply@ wrote:
>
> Hey thanks for responding Edg.  Your POV seems much more calculated as
a parental act towards Kirk than Alex's to me.

Okay, once again, you come at me with "turn it around, Byron Katie"
thingy.  Nice.

Yeah, I feel parental to the world in general -- with six planets in Leo
and being a world class narcissist, well, it comes with the territory.

I like the vibe of someone who is willing to help me avoid stepping in
dog shit by saying "look out."  I would do the same.

Yeah, me too, but Alex was making a special case for Kirk -- something
he may never have done for others who also approached the posting
limitation.  Do you think that Kirk is less endowed and needs special
protection?

I don't know why you didn't just go with your own first impulse to warn
rather than default to the tough love angle, but then, I am not you.
(shut up Vendantists!)

I almost did post "hey Kirk you're gunna go over" but Alex did that
before I could, so there was no need for a second opinion as I saw it.
My tough love says it's okay to warn about dog shit, but to take a
person's right to post-and-go-over-and-fail-the-rules seems to be more
about Alex wanting not to have to be the one who bans Kirk than it was
about Alex wanting to be sure Alex got more of Kirk's wisdom in the next
week of postings.  Alex, is my concept here true about you?

> The least instructive aspect of this board for any of us is it's rules
IMO.  A warning is a nice way to maintain the board's rules with the
kind of compassion that gives the joint much of it's charm to me.

Again, no disagreement with ya.  It's nice that Rick and Alex have cut
Kirk a break in the past, and it'll be nice in the future, but the "law
of the tender feeling level" demands that we not besmirch each other
with assumptions that the other is going to fail.  In fact, I didn't
know about Alex turning off Kirk's posting rights, and when I saw that
Kirk had stopped at 50, I nearly swooned with delight that he'd had the
self control -- I was very relieved.  Finding out that Alex was the
reason instead of Kirk's integrity was a major let down.  I was going
"Alright Kirk baby, ya did it," and then, poof.

So, see?  Alex robbed Kirk of the chance to show excellence.....or,
yeah, fail.  To me, Alex grabbed Kirk's coloring book and did all the
work and showed Kirk how to color within the lines.  Just so you know,
my kids "ruined" coloring book after coloring book with page after page
of wild scribbling.  I figured they had to go through the scribbling
stage to get to the point where they'd attempt the harder challenges --
or, hey, come to the conclusion that coloring books were fascist and an
anathema upon learning how to draw.

> But I asked the highly intellectual, WTF?, and you gave your
perspective.  Thanks for that.

I guess I'm getting used to your energy behind your text.  The WTF
didn't clobber me like, say, a WTF from Willy who's intent nomally is to
cause emotional discomfort, whereas you're always more in the energy of
"come on, dude, do you hear what you're saying?" and calling me to come
to a higher clarity.   I'm not cutting you a break, I really believe you
have a kind heart, and I try to see that heart when I'm not jiggy with
your concepts.

> > below
> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> > j_alexander_stanley@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Come on Edg, Alex shows a bit of kindness and you question it?
WTF??

<kirk_bernhardt@>