--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Not many times, but enough, I was a substitute teacher at MSAE, and I
never had a classroom do group meditation in any manner that even
remotely looks like "quiet time."

> I don't know if they've finally "fixed this" at MSAE, but when I was
there, kids would be fucking off all during group meditation -- to the
point of laughing aloud, never closing their eyes, tossing notes to each
other, speaking to each other, and being haughty about it when I made
eye contact with them to "brow beat them into closing their eyes.">>

It sounds like teaching is not your dharma. I substitute taught in
public schools (midldle and high school) and at MSAE. I almost never had
any kid disrupt the class in any significant way. The old cliche about
kids getting carzy with substitute teachers just did not appply in my
case. I was kindof surprised by that in the beginning, but then it kept
happening in different schools in different parts of the country. The
MSAE kids were just as well behaved as the public school kids with the
wide range of diverse personlalities that I love so much about teaching.

OffWorld