off_world_beings wrote:
> It sounds like teaching is not your dharma.

Off,

I have degrees in Education from Wayne State University, and University of
California.

I went to over ten jyotishis that proclaimed my dharma was teaching and
preaching.

I'm inclined to feel validated by the above.  Not that it's a gimme.

Glad that you had kids who didn't act out.  Lucky you, sez me.

I taught school in inner city Detroit, in rich suburbs, at MSAE, and I taught
individual children in the TM center.  I had knives pulled on me, had parents
as disconnected as zombies, had smarmy high-hatting parents, had everything
across the spectrum, and I'm here to tell you that kids in general will not be
able to pull off quiet time for any longer than the MSAE kids.  The MSAE kids
have all the support from parents and community and all the dogma being pumped
into them, and yet, look at my experiences with them.  What can we expect from
non-brainwashed kids?

How many weeks of quiet time will it take for the average kid to chuck it for
lack of obvious results?  Not much time at all IMO.

In fact, any kid who participates will run the risk of being called "mental" by
the typical shithead miscreant kids that all schools must endure.

Of the 2,000 people I taught, I often saw folks who paid good money for TM
instruction quit within a week and never even come back for their 10 day
checking even.  All the persons I taught for free (not many but some who were
in deep poverty) gave up TM -- if anything -- even sooner.  So much for
gratitude, eh?

Charlie Lutes always made fun of those who thought that they would run away and
just meditate in a cave somewhere.  Why?  Charlie said: "There has to be
something that keeps you in the cave."

Kids are not going to easily find "that something" that is necessary to keep
them inside their "cave minds."  The ones that do resonate with the quiet time
will be precious, but not plentiful.

Edg