--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@> wrote:
<snip>
> He's always had a thing about people on here not
> being from FF or even from the TMO. Was that a joke,
> I missed it if it was. I got the impression he'd
> like it to be like the old days before us interlopers
> out-of-towners and heretics joined.

I think you're right that he's made it clear he'd
prefer the group to be composed of Fairfielders, but
that's because he's very focused on the community
there. He's also complained about the wide range of
topics; I believe he'd rather we concentrate on
spiritual stuff.

But when he says to Sal, e.g.--

"May grace be with you today in your spiritual life.
And in every day. May grace bring you back in your
life to regular spiritual meditative practice.
Doctors are now prescribing meditation, may be you
could get a doctor's order, show it to your employer,
and stop for even a moment in your life for spiritual
practice even just where you work. Think of it as
productive re-sourcing time. I think they are calling
it 'Quiet time' meditation where it is done in the
workplace or at schools.

"But would be a shame here on FFL to have your e-mail
posts only drop in to the delete file for non-practice."

--I find it pretty difficult to take him seriously.
He may genuinely wish that Sal would meditate, but
the way he's expressing it is way over the top.

<snip>
> > It just seems as though a lot of people here--not
> > just you by any means--are surprisingly vulnerable
> > to having their legs pulled by this sort of thing,
> > including those who've been here much longer than
> > you. I was really rolling my eyes at the general
> > tendency rather than at you personally.
>
> But it's *so* hard to tell the difference without
> knowing people.

Maybe I have an easier time of it because I'm an
editor and have to deal with verbal nuance a lot.

<snip>
> In my defence, I've actually known lived and worked
> with people who really think like this. And they do
> wander on here from time to time and lecture everybody
> about what to thinkso it's not like there's no precedent.

True enough. Just gotta be alert for bulging cheeks. ;-)