--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> Not that one can be out of the phenomenal realm. But rather,
> as you suggested Judy, the desire isn't potent enough to make
> it a real go. I have no doubt that someone will break through.
> Someone who wants to hover enough.
<snip>
> We have all been trying to create positive aspirations for
> the world for however many years now. And I think that
> aspiration superceeded the mere aspiration to just levitate.

You know, there's no way I want to levitate
badly enough to spend the time day after day
doing program.  It would be fun, and if
somebody were to hand it to me on a silver
platter, I'd take it.  But in and of itself,
it's not all that compelling.

Wnat I *do* want badly enough to spend the
time day after day doing program is to no
longer be overshadowed.  That was why I
started TM in the first place, and I've
continued because I'm making slow but
steady progress in that direction.

I'd be lying if I said I wanted to help
the world more than I wanted to not be
overshadowed, but there does seem to be a
reciprocal relationship: as I become less
overshadowed, I become more concerned about
the world.

But if somebody told me, Well, you have a
choice: by doing program you can *either*
help the world *or* no longer be overshadowed,
I think--or I'd like to think--that I'd continue
doing program, because being able to help the
world is a pretty good compensation for being
overshadowed.

I don't know if any of that makes sense...
My main point was that being able to
levitate has never been why I do program.
If it ever happens, it'll be a nice bonus,
but it ain't the main event.