> Look, we can cook up stories to explain away all kinds of
> misdeeds. All very saintly, but it isn't likely to help
> the miscreants see the light, so the misdeeds continue,
> doing their damage with no accountabilility. It's a matter
> of not letting your mind be so open that your brains fall
> out, as far as I'm concerned. YMMV.

Yes, my mileage does vary. Personally, I love and admire your mind and courage
and heart and humor and presence immensely. I don't really see that these
confrontative tactics have actually helped any "miscreants see the light" here,
though. That's not really the way the pain-body appears to work. The core-pain
is usually far too unconscious to assume responsibility for its own pain, and
is ever intent on defensive denial, fulminating on the villain(s) "out there"
who it believes cause(s) all its problems and pain.

I generally find that ultimately, our healing of the soot-particles or demons
we see "out there" rests in taking full responsibility for our universe and
giving easy, loving awareness to these beings as they exist in our own
attention-field, made up of our own consciousness. I find that continuing to
demonize them as horrible, not-self miscreants actually increases their
resistance, for we are denying them the light of our unconditional love,
endarkening them rather than enlightening them. What we resist, persists.

That's how and why loving our enemies actually works -- through unconditional
love and simple awareness we get to melt all of those demons back into angels,
into our children, into ourselves. As we treat the least of them, so we treat
ourselves, for they really consist of nothing but our own awareness, trapped
helpless inside that Ego of suffering, of separatist pain.

But as you say, YMMV, and FWIW I am utterly OK with that, and with you, just as
you are. My apologies for the sermon; it is only to myself! I love you!

*stepping back down off the soap-box now*