--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2010, at 11:25 AM, tartbrain wrote:
<snip>
> > I found the rapid and deep cycles of breath in TMSP much
> > like AoL sahdarshan kriya. Huge amounts of prana are injected
> > into the system with TMSP.
>
> I've never learned the sudarshan-kriya, but always enjoyed
> the fast pranayama in the TMSP.

I could be wrong, but I don't think tartbrain is referring
to the fast pranayama that we do as part of the TM-Sidhis
program. Below he refers to it as "*spontaneous* deep and
rapid breathing" in a sentence that distinguishes it from
pranayama:

> > So with pranayam, TMSP spontaneous deep and rapid breathing,
> > and TM refined breath and prana

If it's spontaneous, it's not the fast pranayama technique,
since that's done quite deliberately. I suspect he's
talking about the spontaneous "bellows breathing" that
sometimes occurs during the Yogic Flying portion of the
program, not the fast pranayama we do after asanas and
before meditiation.

Vaj has confused the two once before, claiming that hopping
is an "artifact" of fast pranayama (regardless of the fact
that it's done before meditation, long before one begins
sutra practice, let alone Yogic Flying). Spontaneous bellows
breathing, in contrast, appears to be an artifact of the
Yogic Flying sutra.

Either he was and is attempting to mislead, or he's never
practiced the TM-Sidhi program.