--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" raviyogi@ wrote:
> >

> > I do enjoy your constant projections of peace, happiness and love on
> to others, I'm sure you make your heroes Gandhi, MLK and the Dalai
Lama
> proud of you !!! Keep it up !!!
>

> I know your beef with Gandi, and the Dolly Lama.  But what is the
> problem with MLK?

Thanks for asking :-), my beef is only from a spiritual perspective
comparing them to self-realized masters, otherwise they are great. They
are all birds of same feather, they are all revolutionaries, they are
about crowd, the masses. Transforming crowds, masses is a very
fascinating ego-satisfying concept but never works. It only feeds the
ego, the ego wants to transform the suffering masses, the reasons for a
revolution are always outside, decadent traditions, cultures, people in
power. Even when they fail at revolution the ego doesn't admit failure
again it blames things on the outside, that may be people are stupid and
they don't understand the greatness of the revolutionary, that they are
not ready for change.
For people fascinated with the world these revolutionaries are great
heroes. The crowd is a myth, there are only individuals and true
transformation is only possible with the individuals. Taking a look
superficially the self-realized masters also seem to be dealing with a
crowd as well but it is just a misconception they really work at an
individual level. The only revolution that is possible is inner but its
a pity that its never satisfying for the ego since it is the ego death
itself. Real peace, happiness, love, compassion is only possible with an
inner revolution. Hope I made some sense.