--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" raviyogi@ wrote:
> > For people fascinated with the world these revolutionaries are great
> > heroes. The crowd is a myth, there are only individuals and true
> > transformation is only possible with the individuals. Taking a look
> > superficially the self-realized masters also seem to be dealing with
> > crowd as well but it is just a misconception they really work at an
> > individual level. The only revolution that is possible is inner but
> its
> > a pity that its never satisfying for the ego since it is the ego
death
> > itself. Real peace, happiness, love, compassion is only possible
with
> an
> > inner revolution. Hope I made some sense.
> >
> Thanks,  I think I got it on the second read.  And it is an
interesting
> perspective.  I am not sure how I feel about it.  Yea, of course the
> real "revolution" must occur within.  But between that, and a figure
> (personality) to inspire the "masses" there is the possibility of
> someone who can inspire others to take actions that can produce
changes
> in their evironment, county, or world. If that makes any sense.

I guess its not an easy job to intellectually articulate it without
sounding cold, distant and impersonal.
Sure changing the surrounding environment sounds great on paper but it
only provides momentary happiness before the mind moves to yet another
imperfection in the outside world. It's a never ending quest for
perfection in the outside which always leaves an inner discontentment if
one is really aware.
I spent most of the day cleaning my Guru's ashram. I remarked to my
friend how great a seva (service) cleaning was because even after
several hours of cleaning you can't possibly say that the area was
perfectly clean. Cleaning is an endless fruitless activity like changing
the world. Its a perfect seva to judge inner calmness LOL..
I constantly see people engaged in believing that their ultimate
happiness lies in changing outer imperfections or that their happiness
lies in making a difference in the outer world. That happiness lies in
being a good father, a good spouse, a good child, a good employee or
making a difference to the society, helping heal people, help suffering
people in Sudan. In India there is much appreciation for wandering
mendicants, they appreciate a sadhu who finds no need to indulge in any
outer activity to be in total inner happiness. I remember how excited I
would get when I was young to serve food to a Sadhu who would appear on
our doorstep to beg for food.
Perfection is never possible in the outside world, we can say perfection
is only possible in the inner world. Inner perfection is nothing but
accepting that outer perfection is an impossibility and that the
existence is imperfectly perfect, that in fact the existence moves from
one perfection to the other. Once this inner state is reached it doesn't
imply cold and impersonal behavior. In fact only when this inner
acceptance is reached that you can now compassionately indulge in
changing outer imperfections.