--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> That's not my take.  Tart is meeting parry with parry.

That is the sense of it. My posts are generally playful. Playful parry to use
your term (however, not parry in the sense of a competition, but rather to
banter about, have fun in the process, not whether one's initial point and POV
remains intact at the end or some false sense of "winning" or demeaning the
other (smackdown)).

When someone throws out what I find to be a silly statement, I assume they are
good naturedly doing so, in self-deprication, in jest, with some irony,
comraderic ribbing -- generally having some fun. So I may test the waters in
the sense and spirit of "OK, I'll play." And I take up the premise, maybe
invert it, twist it a bit in ways that humor me, and toss it back. When
non-playful, perhaps fire-filled retorts return, it is at least clarifying --
their comment was actually serious. (!!??)

However, FFL has over time become quite the serious place at times. Such
throwbacks appear at times to illicit much fire and flames. Well fireworks are
always an interesting event to witness -- human such and the celebrational
kind.

> I think it's an
> appropiate response.  I am often perplexed by Tart's perspectives, but
> who cares.

Often my comments are quick initial attempts to unravel and understand some
irony or perceived dissonant chord in posts. Thats not a judgemental or
critical quest, but one of towards understanding. I realize some quips may be
obscure -- but those often can be the best kind when occaisionally someone else
gets it -- and responds in kind -- sometimes cascading into a nice exchange of
views and ideas.