From: Robert <babajii...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 9:29 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: How to pronounce the mantras

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, William Parkinson <ameradian2@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Nab, I do know how to pronounce my mantra, at least as it was told to me.
> > > But what is here is different. Excuse my curiosity....
> > > Cheers
> > > Bill
> > > PS- My training was, after all, 11 years ago!!
> >

> > Stop this nonsense.
> > Either you listen to what the teacher says, or you choose to do someting
> > else. Simple.
> >

> Many people believe that they MUST start thinking their mantra exactly the
> same way every time. I think MY decided that if they didn't intuit from what
> they were told that this was a bit anal, that it was counter-productive to
> make the hints any stronger than they already are.
>
> But, I'll just say that after nearly 40 years of practicing TM, it takes
> quite a bit of effort sometimes to remember exactly how my mantra was
> pronounced when I was given it.
>
> Oh wait, TM is effortless... Did MMY lie or is there something to be learned
> from the realization that attempting to remember a specific pronunciation
> from 38 years ago is often extremely difficult?

There is no need to remember the mantra with a specific pronunciation...that's
not it at all...allow it to unfold naturally, and if you can't remember
specific prounciation, don't worry about it...
A mantra is just a vehicle for transcending thought...
We pick up the mantra to transcend the mantra...
The objective of TM is to become familiar with the process of transcending
thought, and the experience of pure consciousness when thought is transcended...
That's all there is to it; it's not necessary to complicate the procedure in
any way...
Keep it as simple as possible...
TM teaches how to be 'effortless'...so when you find that you are sliding into
effort, just let go, and be effortless...

R.