From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of William Parkinson
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 1:22 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: How to pronounce the mantras

Exactly Rick. Which is not what some mantra works suggest. That is what I think
is interesting. If these mantras are the 'sonic representations' of the deity,
one would think they should be spoken, or thought inside, clearly and
correctly. If that is so, then what are we to make of our TM way of not
thinking it but faintly? What did MMY think of these mantras? Are they
symbolic, or merely tools to allow us to go inside?

Cheers

Bill

Maharishi felt (old Rishikesh TTC tape I heard) that the mantras were a way to
attune oneself to the deity, and that that was accomplished by transcending
with them, not remaining on the gross level.